- In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018, JW
Lees is the Data Controller of personal data collected throughout the reservation process.
- You agree that all personal details provided by you throughout the reservation process are
complete and correct for each individual.
- JW Lees will not be liable should any problems arise with your reservation due to the
provision of incomplete or incorrect details.
- Where we process your personal data in order to make a reservation, we will at all times
comply with the obligations imposed upon us by relevant Data Protection Legislation.
If you have provided personal information to us and accepted marketing updates in one of our Managed properties it will be JW Lees as the operator of the business who are solely responsible for the data.
How does JW Lees collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information through some of the following ways:
- When you sign up to use free WIFI
- Signing up to the JW Lees newsletter
- Visiting the JW Lees website
- When you contact us by telephone or email to make an enquiry, booking or to make a purchase
- When you register for a prize draw or competition
- When completing our guest feedback submission
- When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes.
What sort of personal information will JW Lees collect about you?
In addition to personal details such as your name, date of birth, address, email and telephone number, JW Lees may also collect some of the following personal information about you:
- Details of transactions you make with JW Lees (whether in-pub, via phone or via the Website).
- Details of your visit preferences, such as why you visit us, your favourite products, as well as which of our pubs you prefer to visit.
- Details of your visits to the Website, in-store WIFI and the resources that you access.
- Details of which electronic mailers you open and whether
- Details of when you contact JW Lees by email, post or telephone. Please note that we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Any other information from which we can identify you (or which is available on public registers).
What does JW Lees use your personal information for?
We will treat all your personal information as private and confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in certain circumstances, as set out below).
We confirm that any personal information which you provide to us will be held securely. We will use and process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time, as well as any other relevant data protection or privacy legislation. The types of uses we will make of your personal information shall include the following:
- Process any orders that you make via the Website, (please note that your details may need to be passed to a third party in order for them to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc).
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details for these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
- With your consent, retain your personal information, preferences and details of your transactions in order to keep you informed by email, post, mobile messaging, telephone and/or through other digital means including social media platforms, about products and services (including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on) offered by JW Lees, as well as recommending those which we feel will be of particular interest to you. Please note that this may involve passing your details to carefully selected third parties who will hold and process information for the purposes of sending JW Lees communications only.
- Improve the content and appearance of the Website, to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- Assess and process your job application (we may retain a record of your information for a reasonable period of time following the end of our recruitment selection process for administration purposes).
- Administer any prize draws or competitions run by JW Lees. Please refer to the specific terms & conditions for each prize draw or competition.
- Carry out assessment and analysis (for example market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products or services which we offer.
- Comply with our legal obligations
- Enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of JW Lees, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- As mentioned above, we may also disclose your personal information to carefully-selected and monitored third parties who are engaged to help us run, manage and improve the quality of the products and services that JW Lees offer, as well as for marketing and fraud and credit checking purposes. We require all the third parties that we interact with to treat your personal information as carefully and confidentially as we do.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
In circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes. Calls may also be monitored without your consent for the following circumstances: to provide evidence of a business transaction; to prevent or detect a crime; to investigate the unauthorised use of a telecom system; to ensure that a business complies with regulatory procedures; to see that quality standards or targets are being met; in the interests of national security; and to secure the effective operation of the telecom system.
We will not keep your personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary for that purpose or for those purposes. Under data protection legislation you have the right to access information held about you. If you chose to exercise this right, then any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
How can I unsubscribe?
If at any point you no longer wish us to hold your personal information or you do not wish to receive information from us then there are a number of ways you can unsubscribe. These are as follows:
- You can click onto the “unsubscribe” link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication. Each “unsubscribe” link only relates to that specific type of communication (e.g. marketing communications or survey communications). This means that unsubscribing from marketing communications will not automatically unsubscribe you from our survey communications (or vice versa). Please also note that you may continue to receive communications which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your relevant unsubscribe request is being processed.
- Alternatively, you can contact our customer services by calling 0161 345 4441, Monday to Friday: 9am-5pm or by using our online form @jwlees.co.uk
Should you wish for your details to be removed from our CRM system completely, then you will need to contact our customer services using the contact details above.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and JW Lees does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal details to these websites.
|CloudFlare||__cfduid||The "__cfduid" cookie is set by the CloudFlare service to identify trusted web traffic. It does not correspond to any user id in the web application, nor does the cookie store any personally identifiable information.||More Info|
|These cookies store no personal data and only a value of true, to prevent the same popup being shown to the user multiple times in the same session or future sessions, with a fixed expiry date depending on the promotion shown||N/A|